Sometime in between 4-7pm on Sunday April 22, 2007
Working at my desk, everything seemed normal, on a day when the weather was particularly pleasant. I noticed a drizzle fall from the sky, then a mist, then a blanket of rain. I quickly closed the window that was open and continued on with my work. Time passed. How much time? I am unsure. The next time I chanced a look out, the water level had reached my window, 11 stories up. I was overcome by fright and my thoughts strayed from rational realms. Amidst the downpour, I still felt safe in my dorm, like I could hold out inside until the water subsided. But before long the I felt the giant tower begin to shift and sway. My belongings and I were tossed about the room. The swaying became more violent until a loud and vibrating CRACK rang out in the foundations of the tower. Slowly, C tower fell. We floated our giant dorm ship horizontally on the new Ocean covering Boston.
My door opened suddenly. It was Mr. Wright, my 8th and 10th grade algebra teacher, a big man with a white beard that bears an uncanny resemblance to Santa Clause. "We have to get out of here before she goes under!" As I crawled into he hallway I was amazed at the terrible looting that was taking place. People were running in and out of every room stealing all that they coud grab. I made my way to the convenient store on our floor and took enough food that would last me for the time being.
Mr. Wright approached me...
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment